You may be contemplating getting a pool for the upcoming summer. A swimming pool is the ideal way to cool off during our hot Jacksonville or North Florida summers. Unlike an inflatable pool, an in ground pool is always ready for use. It’s also a nice way for your family and friends to spend time together.
Design Plans for Your Pool
No matter where you live in North and Central Florida, before you get a pool installed, consider the following design plans for your pool from All Seasons Pools, Jacksonville and North Florida expert pool builders:
- First, consider the direction of the sun. Many people make the mistake of building a pool away from the sun, which makes for a chilly swim. Learn the direction of the sun to help you choose your pool area. Seeing how the sun shines in your yard also gives you an idea of where the sundeck should be.
- Elevation is the next thing to consider. If your yard has a slope, it will need a retaining wall. A retaining wall keeps the soil away from the pool. Keep in mind that building one can get costly so you’ll want to get several quotes.
- The next plan of action is to find out if you have septic field lines in your yard. Contact your local DHEC system to get a blueprint of your septic system. Those who live in the city may be free of these lines. If you have one, you will need to have it moved.
- An important factor to consider is having a fence around your pool. A fence prevents children and pets from accidentally drowning. Some states even require fences to be at least 4 feet tall. Include having locks and alarm systems for added protection.
- Go over the access with a contractor. Keep in mind that tractors and trucks will need to enter to dig into your yard. At least 10 feet of level access is necessary for concrete trucks, bobcats, and backhoes. If you do not have that access, consider using smaller trucks and equipment.
- Find out if you live in an area that has a homeowners association. Study their contracts on installing a pool. This information includes the size and type of pool and fence allowed. You may also need to submit a blueprint, with measurements, for approval.
All Seasons Pools – Jacksonville and Florida Expert Pool Builders
All Seasons Pools have been the professionals of choice for the entire North and Central area of Florida. We know that making the decision to install a pool is a very serious one that requires the right building partner. We ensure that we guide and help you throughout the entire process from setting up design plans for your pool even after the building process. Contact us today to request a quote at 877-410-7665. We promise you won’t be disappointed. All Seasons Pools: Jacksonville (and North Florida!) homeowner’s top provider for pool installation.
Visit our Pinterest account for more Pool Inspiration!
Follow All Seasons Pools’s board Our Pool Designs on Pinterest.