- About Us
- Pool Design & Pool Installation
- Pools By Price
- Construction Process
- Pool Products
- Design Your Pool
- Events & Specials
- Online Payment
- Contact Us
You have probably heard the horror stories about swimming pool contractors and the pool construction process. All Seasons Pools wants to make sure you do not make the same mistakes as those who have had terrible pool construction experiences. Read these ten common mistakes and make sure not to do the same when you are looking for a swimming pool contractor!
1. Shopping like you are buying a car– All pools are not built the same, unlike cars which are manufactured in a factory under controlled conditions. With a pool, much of what you do not see will impact the cost of pool ownership.
2. Not asking enough questions – The more you know and understand about the pool construction process, the better buyer you will be. Do your homework and try to ask a lot of informed questions.
3. Becoming overwhelmed – When you look at 10-15 estimates, you tend to get overwhelmed and then have trouble making a decision. Do your research and get only 3-4 estimates from reputable pool contractors, like All Seasons Pools.
4. Not checking the history of a contractor – Make sure to research the experience level, history, or background of a contractor.
5. Shopping based on price – If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
6. Shopping over the phone – You need to visit a pool builder or have them come to your home in order to get a real feel for them.
7. Assuming pools cost less to build in the wintertime– Even though pools are used more often in the summer, this fact has no bearing on pool construction pricing.
8. Not reading contracts – Make sure to fully understand what you are getting into, and that everything is in writing.
9. Focusing on aesthetics and not mechanicals – The mechanicals are what keeps your pool up and running, and if you make sure your mechanicals are reliable it will save you money in the long run.
10. Not thinking about safety – Make sure you know what your city requirements are for barriers and fencing.
Hiring a pool contractor for your pool construction process can be confusing, but taking advice from these common mistakes will help make the process easier. If you are looking for reliable pool builders, give All Seasons Pools a call today!
Visit our Pinterest account for more Pool Inspiration!